Monday, January 3, 2011

The Aussie Playlist

My little Qantas rant brings and end to our adventures is OZ. However, I really don’t want to end an otherwise fabulous trip on such a sour note. Soon enough I’ll be fast-forwarding a bit to bring myself back up to date, but first, let’s put things back on a more positive track. So, for my final Aussie post and apparently my 100th on this blog, I’m going to share with you my playlist from the land down under. I’ve already mentioned that Bulletproof is the theme song that plays in my memory for New Year’s 2009. Here are a few more songs that, for better or worse, are inextricably tied in my mind to our stay in Australia.

Australian Idol, Guy Sebastian’s song, I like it like that, was super popular while we were there.



Continuing on Aussie Idol train of thought, Michael Buble performed on the finale. They made his performance almost as flashy as the New Year's fireworks show. He was super popular there at the time and I Just Haven't Met You Yet was one of those songs that was nearly constantly on the radio.



I’ve mentioned that Pink is a bit of a Goddess there, so no Aussie playlist would be complete without one of her songs.



Now, as you know, I've complained a few times about the quality of Aussie radio. As bad as US radio stations are about playing the same songs over and over again, they're even worse in Oz -- and the slate of songs on repeat is somehow even smaller. Kesha and Miley Cyrus had two of the songs constantly on repeat. Greg complained and complained about these constantly! He could not stand these two songs. So, imagine my surprise when a couple of months after our return, he's added them to our playlist at home. They'd forced themselves into his psyche. Oy Vey!





Were going to staying on the club track, but maybe taking a couple steps away from the cheese. You know my girls and loved going out and one our favorite spots was a latin club Vivaz. They played a lot of live merengue and salsa, but when they switched to a DJ, Pitbull's I know you want me, was my favorite song to get down to.



We've come to the final song on the play list. This Mika song came out while we were in OZ. It’s upbeat and quirky and I really dug it. I think this might be my overall theme song for my time in Australia.



And with that, I say my final goodbye to this amazing trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment