Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Five Year Chapter Closes


Three weeks ago I left the job that I'd been at for 5 years for the last time.
I thought I would be excited, but my feelings were much more conflicted than I had expected. The night before, after I got home from the wine tasting, I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned, read, and wound up watching the sun rise on the final day of a major chapter of my life.

I have very mixed feeling about my time there – maybe I should have left earlier, maybe not. Maybe this was the exact time to leave. After all, had I left earlier and moved on to something else, I might not now have the freedom to go on this Adventure with G.

Either way, the day had now arrived and for better or worse, whatever other conflicted thoughts and emotions I might have, I met a lot of people I love there.

They are what I take with me.



A final lunch at one my favorite little sandwich and salad joints, Panini.




J.P. and I would have Balance Ball Wars to see who could stay on the longest.




He has mastered the ball a little more than I, now being able to simulataneously strike a sexy pose without breaking a sweat. Now he just needs to work out how to do his famous hair flip from this position.



Kate of course -- we survived the trenches of production together. Tracy helped us out a lot during the filming of our last movie. Sadly, Richard and few others who were invaluable weren't around for pics that day.

Certainly, a few people are missing because they weren't around that afternoon, but here are some the important player from the last five years:






Of course, by now you know Ms. Jo. She came on earlier this year, but we've had a lot of great memories in a short amount of time.



SB was taken away to another office a few months ago, so she wasn't there for my last day, although I did see her later that evening. We bicker like sisters constantly and rarely agree on anything other than our love of food. This is a picture from the day we tracked down the Top Chef tour bus.



And of course 'Lil Amy. She's a pint size pixie, but has a personality that hits you like a ray of sunshine.



It turns out that 5 years fit into on laundry hamper.
So as they say, that's all folks.

I'm ready for the next chapter to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment